To receive our newsletter please enter your email address below:
FRANCE Rental Information
Renting a property in France is an ideal way to experience the French culture and lifestyle. France Bound offers a wide selection of vacation rental properties in every size, location and price range to suit individuals, families, or groups of friends. In addition, we offer long term furnished rentals for those who are planning to stay in France for an extended period of time.
France Bound rentals in France are personally selected, and carefully screened and inspected to ensure quality and reliability. We have first hand knowledge of the rentals, the owners & mangers, the neighbourhood and the surrounding area. We provide you with our personnal recommendations for places to go and things to do in the area, to help you get the most from your visit to France.
We recommend you reserve early to get the best selection of rental properties. European travellers book their vacations well in advance, and the most desirable and best value rentals in France fill up quickly. To help you select the most suitable rentals to match your requirements, call us for assistance. We know the rentals and the regions, and we look forward to guiding you to the best rentals to suit your needs and expectations.
- Assessment of your rental requirements
- Search for most suitable rentals to match your dates & criteria.
- Proposal of available rental options & prices for your selection
- All reservation & payment services
- Confirmation package including: complete details about the rental property, local contacts, arrival instructions, driving directions, local information.
- Arrival & orientation appointment with local English speaking manager.
- Travel package with destination information, local recommendations, tourist maps, and guidebooks etc.
- Rental dates: it is important to keep in mind that rental reservations are offered on a weekly basis (minimum 7 nights). Some rentals require a minimum reservation of 2 weeks, particularly in the Cote d'Azur region during the peak summer season. With the exception of Paris, most rentals require check-in and check-out on Saturdays (there are some exceptions - please inquire) ..
- Location: Consult the interactive map on the left sidebar of this website and click on the regions to view regional information to help you select the most suitable regions in France for your stay.
- Rental requirements: consider the most important rental requirements and travel objectives for your travel party ( price, location, number of bedrooms/ bathrooms, pool, setting (urban or rural) etc.).
- Browse our selection of France rentals in each region, and identify rentals of interest. Keep in mind that France Bound rentals are personally selected and independently inspected.
- Request form: send us a request form by clicking the link on each rental listing page. The more details you provide about your criteria and requirements, the better we will be able to match your needs to the most suitable rental properties.
- Availability: all availability is subject to confirmation. Confirmation of availability generally requires 24-48 hours, due to the time difference in France.
- Reservation hold: a reservation option can be held for up to 48 hours, at which time a booking agreement and deposit must be received to confirm a reservation. Bookings made more than 12 weeks in advance require a 50% advance deposit. Bookings made within 12 weeks, require full advance payment to confirm a reservation.
- Balance payment: balance payments are required within 10-12 weeks prior to arrival date.
- Security/damage deposit: a refundable damage deposit is required for all rental bookings, and is held in France Bound trust accounts.
- Rental payments: all rental payments are non-refundable.
- Cancellation insurance: We strongly recommend cancellation insurance to protect you payments. Please click on this link to purchase Travel Guard cancellation insurance.
- Travel package : your comprehensive confirmation & travel package will be sent to you following final rental payments, and includes: complete details of your reservation, arrival instructions, directions to the property, local contacts, destination information, local maps, tourist guidebooks and France Bound's personal recommendations for places of interest, shops, markets, wines, restaurants etc.
France Bound rental prices include agency fees. Rental availability is subject to confirmation. Price estimates on the web site are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations etc.. Rental requests received within 30 days of departure are subject to a $100 urgent request premium. If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us. We have additional private rental listings that may not be displayed on the web site.
Long term rental rates are based on a term of three or more months. Contact us for directly for proposals, as many long term rental properties are not displayed on the web site. Long term monthly rental rates are subject to negotiation and the duration of the lease. In general, long term monthly rental prices do not include utilities or agency fees. Visit the Relocation services page for additional information about long term rental fees.
We look forward to helping you to arrange a long term rental for your extended stay in France, please contact us.
Renting a property in France is a great way to experience the French lifestyle, but understanding the difference in property styles is key to a successful rental experience. Décor, furniture and lighting at some French properties may be considered "old fashioned" and not to your own taste or North American standards. Keep in mind that most properties were not built or designed as rental properties. The majority of properties are family homes, and are furnished to their owners' personal tastes. Many French rental properties are "maisons secondaires" similar to North American vacation homes, and may not be furnished and decorated to the same level as a primary residence. Most French families spend their evenings around the dining table enjoying food and conversation. Therefore dining tables are much more important than soft furnishings.
Throughout Europe, space is at a premium and many building are centuries old. As a result, houses and apartments are generally more compact than North Americans are accustomed to. For example, most bedrooms, beds, bathrooms and appliances are smaller than in North America. Some kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms may be simple and functional. Items such as clothes dryers and air conditioning are rare. Differences in building standards and practices over the centuries often result in unusual features, such as uneven floors and open stairways. Unless otherwise stated, pools are not heated and not available in low season.
This is the French way of life. Please expect that things will be different than at home, and be prepared to adapt a little. Try to appreciate the charm and adventure of French homes. Make the most of your experience in France, and vive la difference!
- FRANCE BOUND Consulting Ltd - Villa & Vacation rentals
- Business address: #1066-999 West Hastings St., Vancouver B.C. V6C 2W2, Canada
- Mailing address: #189 - 5525 West Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6M 3W6, Canada
- Tel: 604-261-4904 Fax: 604-261-4906
- BC Travel Agent Registration # 29469
- All Content ©2015, France Bound Consulting Ltd